Work began on replacing the front hangar in August 2020. This new building will provide a great deal of usable hangar space.
The Old Building:
The New Building:
- The new building will be a clear span 70' feet wide X 140' feet long X 19"feet high.
- There will be two 45' foot wide X 15' foot high Schweiss Bi-Fold doors one on the East end of the building and one on the west end of the building.
- 1 man door in each bi-fold door.
- And a two separate personnel doors, one East, one West.
- There will be windows on the south side of the building for air flow, natural sun light and natural heat.
The Engineering Firm: Passero Associatesof Rochester NY
The Electrical Contractor: Gilligan Electric of Le Roy NY
The General Contractor: Spoleta Constructionof Rochester NY
Hello Pilots Airport Taxiway ALPHA improvements taking place!
- Parallel Taxiway ALPHA rehabilitation is scheduled for Tuesday June 8th through Thursday June 10th, 2021 starting at 08:00 am each day, weather permitting.
The project will include: Crack Repair and Pavement Sealing with Pavement Markings. This will include the full length of the Parallel Taxiway ALPHA for runways 10 and 28 and its intersections, (West to East) BRAVO, CHARLIE, DELTA, and ECHO.
- There will be one day of runway closure on Tuesday June 8th which will take place from 8:am-2:pm local time.
- All hold short lines will be removed and re-striped after sealer has cured properly......USE CAUTION.
- The intent is to Rehabilitate the Parallel Taxiway with a minimal number of delays to the airport and users...weather depending -area closures may be as little as 3 hours.
Traffic flow: bellow is a phasing map however this can vary ...our goal will be to get as much done as quickly as possible.
On June 8th: Intersection of Taxiway Charlie and to the EAST end of ALPHA will be closed.
- This will leave WEST of intersection Charlie to the WEST end of ALPHA available for taxi including Bravo intersection, and Bravo extension (the curved extension that runs in front of office to old hangars and fuel pumps via taxiway Charlie).
- On day two WEST of Taxiway intersection Charlie and to the WEST end of ALPHA will be closed This will leave Taxiway Charlie and East to the departure end of 28 available to taxi with connectors Charlie, Delta, and Echo available for ingress egress from to ALPHA and Runway 10 and Runway 28 operations.
- Please minimize back taxing full length of Runway, use available connectors that are open to keep free of runway and please announce your intentions on 122.8.
- Check NOTAMS and schedule may change due to weather...our RAIN dates are any dates up through including June 15th.
Picture below was taken October 2010, and at the end of ALPHA reading for takeoff runway 28 is Bill Price in his Pa-24!